Me to You (Tatty Teddy) Sweet Shop Decoupage Cards

Hi!

So today I have been having a go at filming my makes because I know lots of people like a video rather than lots of words and description. I have made a few simple cards, trying out different ways to video them, plus some cards I made without videoing as a little bonus. The videos are linked further down this blog and will send you off to YouTube :)

I have simply been using up decoupage I had, which I assemble while watching TV with the family in the evenings. Today I was using a pad of 'sweet' Tatty Teddy decoupage from Trimcraft.





This is one whole set of the teddies from this pad, there are three sets of them in total in the pad, all cut, ready to pop out and assemble.
 My first few cards I didn't video, but really they were just a bit of matting and layering. Some of the teddies have a background, and some don't, so I had to create a little mat for one of them.

The background paper is from DCWV, from their The Sweet Matstack.

The stamped saying is from a Creative Expressions stamp set called Cupcakes and has been in my stash for years.

I used a 'thanks' word die from Crafti Potential which I cut out of white craft foam and then a coloured card layer that I glued on top. This is a lot faster than sticking lots of layers of card to make a thicker, more dimensional sentiment, so I will be using the craft foam again!

The craft foam cut out much better than I thought it might, and I used Tonic Craft Tacky Glue to stick it all together.

 My next two cards were again pretty simple, using some Docrafts brush letter stamps to make my
own words to match the rock on the decoupage.

The background paper this time is from the Docrafts Roald Dahl papers that I have used in a previous Blog.

This card used Crafti Potential's A2 Stitched Rectangles 'Floral' set to create the blue mat with the fun stitched edge.
The letter stamps are all individual, but have tails, so you simply overlap the stamping slightly to make it look like you can do neat brush style writing (which I can't, my handwriting is awful!)

I used Majestic Blue Versafine ink to stamp the letters and then added a little Star Dust Stickles glitter glue on top after the ink had dried.

These are the items I used in my first 4 cards, though I missed the Versafine ink and glitter glue out of the photo!

 The next 2 cards I experimented with videoing. They are really simple cards, I was just trying to get the hang of not getting my head in the way, and of then editing the videos. This is the whole process of making a card, including me making 3 different versions of the sentiment because I didn't like the first two colourways I did, and my failed stamping attempts when I couldn't get a clear image! I used time lapse on this one, but it was too fast at normal speed, so I had to slow it down, which makes it a little jerky, but please check it out so I know you are there!

My first video!

Please click the picture above, and if I have done everything correctly, it will take you to the YouTube video! If not, try clicking here.


The last card I made was again, really simple, but I videoed it at normal speed and then doubled the speed in iMovies, which I think makes it a little easier to watch! Again, this is everything, from start to finish of the card-making process, so you might want to speed it up a little more to watch it (you can do this in the settings cog on YouTube to watch it at a higher, or lower, speed!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzPxiNOGPY

My second videoed card!

Again, hopefully, the picture is linked to the video on YouTube, if not, just click here.


Please let me know what you think of my videos, the sound is a little messed up at the beginning, and I recommend running it a 2x speed as its 15 minutes long otherwise!

Thanks for looking, and do stop by again soon!

Lesley x

Supplies:

Papers and 3D Decoupage
Trimcraft Me to You Sweet Shop Decoupage pad
DCWV the Sweet Matstack with glitter
DCWV The Sweet Pop-Up Saying Embellishments
docrafts Phizz-whizzing Patterned Papers A4

Dies
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Stitched Flags
M&C Boutique frame die (The Works own brand dies)
Crafti Potential A2 Stitched Rectangles in Floral and Fleur de Lis

Stamps
docrafts Creativity Essentials Script Alphabet
Creative Expressions Cupcakes

Versfine ink in Majestic Blue
Stampin' Up ink in Blushing Bride
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue in Stardust

Various scraps of card from my stash in cream, purple and white.

White 6x6 card blanks and 5x7 card blanks
Foam tape and pads from The Works
Adhesive runner from Create and Craft
Design Gems from a £1 shop

Tools
Sizzix Bigshot die-cutting machine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!