Altenew Workshop cards and layouts with new July 2018 Altenew stamps

Hi!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to go to the Altenew day long workshop in Daventry that was held ahead of the One Big Show event they were attending.

If anyone knows the company, they are famous for their floral layering stamps that I have demonstrated at a couple of craft fairs while out and about with Handmade In Windsor stalls.

We got to make 6 cards and a scrap book layout, with Lydia, Lillith and Tasnim (who owns Altenew and was over from America.) I thought I'd share the things I made today and give a sneak peak of the stamp sets we got as part of the workshop that aren't out until next month (July 2018).

First up was Lydia's 3 cards...

This is the photo I took during the workshop....
 And here's some better shots of the cards I took when I got home...
First up was a single layer card using the Life is Awesome stamp set
We only had blue and pink inks from the Floral Ink Set and the Sweet Dreams set, so the purple flower was created by simply over-stamping the same images using a blue first and then a pink over the top. It takes a few minutes for the ink to blend itself together on the paper, but it does as it dries to make the purples you see.

Next was another single layer card using just the leaves and sentiment from the Beautiful Heart stamp set.
This card only uses 2 layers of the leaves stamp, not adding the outline, and is really effective. I could be used for a guy card with any sentiment at the centre.

Finally a card using the Needlework Motif stamp set which has some lovely sentiments as well as two large images in it.
This card used water-colouring by mixing the inks on a craft sheet or acrylic block after stamping in permanent black ink onto watercolour card stock. Tasnim and Altenew were so generous and gave us lots of freebies on top of our packs of stamps, including their new water brush that they are going to release with their new watercolour palette that I think I have spotted in a photo on Instagram today, so I think it is coming very soon!

Next up was Lillith's scrapbook layout...
A really simple background technique using the ink cubes directly on to the layout and a tag using the Life is Awesome stamp set.
Yes, that's me in a photo with Tasnim, Lillith and Lydia from Altenew! I really should scrapbook more - I have thousands of photos on my phone of my daughters, they need to get printed and saved in albums or we will never look at them again!

Next up was three cards with Tasnim...

This is the photo I took at the end of the workshop, I hadn't quite finished the last card, I stamped the sentiment when I got home!

Making full use of the Beautiful Heart stamp set.
The leaves are stamped on the base layer and the flower is fussy cut out and raised on foam tape. The sentiment is from the Needlework Motif stamp set.

This card shows one of the large images from the Needlework Motif stamp set.
 This one was a real labour of love - the image was stamped in a pale ink, then coloured using the Aletnew Artist Markers 'Cool Summer Night' set (another extra freebie for the class attendees which we weren't expecting), and then hand outlined in gold Metallic Sakura Gelly Roll pen (another extra) - I am not the fastest at colouring and outlining was what I learned making this one!

I think if I was going to recreate it, I would leave the stamp in a stamp positioning tool after stamping it in the pale ink, colour it in and then over-stamp with Versamark and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder - much quicker and I think would give a similar effect.

The final card using the Life is Awesome stamp set.

This card used a simple masking technique to stamp a strip and then the dots were added with a matching marker pen, not a technique I have used before, but it works well and I will probably use it again! The card was finished with a few strips of card of varying thicknesses to border the stamping and a sentiment from the Needlework Motif set.

A fab day stamping, with a super generous company, who also gave everyone a 'lucky dip' die set and two lucky people won a goody bag in the free raffle (I think it was pretty good odds with 25 attendees and 2 winners, but sadly it wasn't my day to win!)

Here's all my spoils from the day...

Everyone also got an extra free mini stamp that are usually reserved as gifts for their top customers as well as other extra bits and pieces.

All the supplies I used were from Altenew at the Altenew work shop in Daventry.

I'll pop a close up photo of the new stamp sets down the bottom with my supply list.

Thanks for the lovely day Altenew, the first work shop event I have ever been to!

Lesley x

Supply List

All items are from Altenew unless otherwise stated

Stamps
Beautiful Day
Life Is Awesome
Needlework Motif






Inks
Sweet Dreams set (Dew Drops, Aqualicious, Teal Cave, Galactic Stream)
Foral Ink set (Ruby, Red Coral Berry, Frosty Pink, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Jet Black)
Permanent Black

Artist Markers Cool Summer Night set (Desert Night, Dusk, Ocean Waves, Sea Glass)

Water Brush

Dies
Butterfly (Lillith's set)
Fabulous word die

Sakura gold Metallic Gelly Roll pen

Sequins



Comments

  1. GREAT write-up about the awesome Altenew workshop! So happy for you that you were able to attend! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous samples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia, I've not been blogging long, and you are my first comment! It was a lovely day, I only signed up to go at the last minute on Thursday, so glad I did!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! Sounds like such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!