Altenew Lotus Flower partial die cut cards.

Hi!

Today I am sharing a video I made of how to use dies to make a partial die cut edge on a card.

This is a lovely technique for keeping your card to a single layer, or to add dimension while keeping the base layer more interesting with images popping off the edge of your card.

This is the first card I made with the technique using Altenew's Lotus Flower stamps and matching dies.

This card had some extra dimension, but could have been made as a single layer card.

You do need dies to do this technique, unless you wish to hand cut stamped images with a craft knife!

Here's the video which best shows how to do this:



I showed the finished single layer card I created at the end of the video, here's a few photos of it in progress.



I did a quick follow-up video of how I applied the blue wash in distress ink on this card, and finished it off with a die-cut greeting that I stuck flat to the card on vellum that I fussy cut as a layer.



Here's the finished card...



The card needs flattening under something heavy as the water from the wash has warped the card slightly, and sorry for the bad lighting, the sun had gone in and I'm waiting for my new photo booth to arrive!!
I hope you enjoyed my how-to today and it's helpful for someone out there! As usual all my supplies are listed at the end of the blog and just to mention, I am not paid by anyone to make this blog and all the items I used I have bought myself.

Lesley x

Supplies

1st Card

2nd Card
Altenew
Lotus Flower stamp set
Lotus Flower die set
Thinking of You die
Crisp dye ink in Industrial Diamond, Moss, Parrot, Bamboo, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss and Heart Beat


Crafti Potential hello die from A2 Stitched Rectangles - Dots & Stars

Craftwork Cards Super Smooth Stamping Card (A5 size)

Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops in Clear

Tools
Crafters Companion Top Score multiboard (but you could use any scoreboard, or the slot on your trimmer for this if you have marked your score line in pencil first.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!