Altenew Beautiful Heart Fast Watercolour Technique with Distress Ink

Hi,

So I was inspired, once again, by Jennifer McGuire to try out a fast watercolour technique using Ranger Distress and Distress Oxide Inks on watercolour card.

The Altenew Beautiful Heart stamp set (July 2018 release) had the perfect flower outline and leaves to try it on, but the technique will work with any outline stamp.

One of my completed cards.
The technique gives a really fast watercolour look to your images, and I did a quick video showing how to do it.





You have to use a watercolour card for this technique, as you will soak the paper with water. Other cards will tend to end up all buckled if you try it with them.

Distress Oxide and Distress Ink comparison


You could do any colour of heat embossed outline to act as the resist, but I used Heat It Up! Silver Pearl embossing powder that I have had for years. The Distress Oxide inks give a more matt, chalk look than the Distress Inks, but I like both! It does look like a mess when you are waiting for them to dry, but looks amazing once they are all cut out.

I don't have the dies for this set, so I fussy cut them out while drinking my morning coffee!




I finished off my cards with a white on white background using the Altenew Halftone background die that I trimmed the edges off, and stacked sentiments using a Hello die and a Crafti Potential Thanks die.

I made four cards in total and had some leaves left over.




Hope you enjoyed my quick technique post today!

Lesley x



Supplies

Limetree Craft Watercolour Card in Coconut Crush

Altenew Beautiful Heart stamp set
Altenew Halftone Background die

Ranger Tim Hotlz Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral, Dried Marigold, Pine Needles and Shabby Shutters
Ranger Tim Hotlz Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio and Picked Raspberry

Heat It Up! Silver Pearl embossing powder

Crafti Potential Thanks die from A2 Sititched Rectangles Fleur de Lis set
Hello die - I boulght this without retail packaging, so now sure of the manufacturer

I made my own card blanks from heavyweight white hammered and smooth card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!