Altenew Floral Fantasy Birthday Card

Hi!

I have been busy playing about with videoing and editing again, but I couldn't share the card I had made until after the recipient had it for their birthday. In this case it was a card I made for my grandma's 88th birthday that was at the start of the month.

I have been demonstrating layered stamping while out and about at craft fairs, and it seems to go down well, so this video shows how I make my layered flower cards. Today I was using the Altenew Floral Fantasy stamp set with the coordinating dies. I also used the Tonic Studios 'Will's Hand' Birthday die, which is lovely as it has a background layer with it. I also used a Dymo label maker to add 'happy' to the card.

Here's the finished card!
Please let me know what you think of my video, I think I got a hang of the editing a little better this time! I recommend running it a 2x speed if you just want a quick look as it's 15 minutes long otherwise! You can change the speed using the little cog icon if you are on a PC/ laptop or you can find the playback speed setting under the three little dots in the top right hand corner if you are watching on a mobile device like an iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A753G2bV-Hw&t

You will have to excuse my head getting in the way a little, but you really need to get right above the stamp when you are layering so you can see where you are stamping and lining up!

Love the 'happy mail' stamp I used on the envelope!
I also used a few of the stamps that came free with issue 178 of Simply Cards & papercraft magazine for the inside of the card and the envelope. I admit, I bought this magazine just for the 'happy mail' stamp, I loved it so much, and I had been looking for something for envelopes! I will use the other stamps and dies I am sure!!

Thanks for looking, and do stop by again soon!

Lesley x

Supplies:

Dies
Altenew Floral Fantasy
Tonic Will's Hand birthday

Stamps
Altenew Floral Fantasy
The best of Card Making MAGIC by Christina Griffiths (free with issue 178 of Simply Cards & papercraft magazine)

Inks
Tsukineko Versafine in Onyx Black
Altenew dye inks in: Sweet Leaf, Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Grapevine, Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Caramel Toffee and Paper Bag.

Sheena by Sheena Douglas White Stamping Card

Tonic Studios Craft Tacky Glue - probably my favourite wet glue!
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glue Pen - for sticking the outline die cut down, much quicker and easier than using other wet glues for fine die cuts.

Card blank, black card, foam pads, and a few sequins from my stash.

Tools
Spellbinders Sapphire die-cutting machine
Dymo embossing label-maker
X-Cut: guillotine, glass mat, scissors and multi tool - I use the pin tool for applying foam pads and the ball tools to push sequins etc. into glue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!