Inside Shadow Box Card

Hi!

A few of you may have seen that I posted a really short video of an Inside Shadow Box Card on a couple of social media groups a few days ago. I said I might get brave and make a video with instructions on how I did this, and that's exactly what I did today! This was my first time talking on a video (and of course the doorbell rang when I was one minute in), so any comments would be appreciated.

Here's the video!

Click here if the picture doesn't link you to YouTube!

And here's the card...

Inside Shadow Box Card

As you can see it makes a nice canvas for little scenes with stamps or die cuts, and you could decorate in lots of different ways for any occasion. I just did a quick bit of stamping on this example to show the effect you can get.

The measurements you need to know for the card are:

1. Make your A4 piece of card exactly 8 inches wide

2. Cut your card into 2 in the other direction. I did this by first cutting it to 29cm long and then in half to 14.5cm, but you can cut it exactly in half if you prefer. The 8 inches wide is the important part!

3. Score one piece in half at 4 inches, and cut just over half and inch from the back panel of the card.

4. Score the other piece at half an inch, 4 inches and 4.5 inches. This forms the inside shadow box.

5. Watch the video for how it goes together, because its much easier to see it in action than describe it in words!

Today's make was more about the method than the end product, but the stamps I used were from the current issue of Creative Stamping which is issue number 58. Please check out Jennifer McGuire's blog post for loads more ideas of how to decorate these cards!

Please give my video a thumbs up if you liked it and found it useful, and I might do some more with a voice track in future - it wasn't too scary!!

Thanks for looking today,

Lesley x

Supplies

For the card base
Thin card from my stash
Craft UK Limited C6 Envelope
Fiskars trimmer
Hunkydory The Adorable Scoreboard (any score board with inches, or a trimmer with a slot you can measure and score with would work.)
Sizzix Bigshot die cutting machine (anything you can cut an aperture with would work, like a large punch or any shaped die.)

For the Stamping
Creative Stamping 'Serene Beauty' stamps, free with issue 58.
Versafine Toffee ink pad
Post-it Super Sticky labels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!