Altenew Needlework Motif heat embossed card

Hi!

I mentioned in my last blog that if I was going to recreate the card Tasnim did at the Altenew Workshop using the Needlework Motif stamp, I would heat emboss it rather than hand outline it, so I did!

Ignore the excess powder, I forgot my anti-static powder!


Here's a video of exactly what I did, I used the other stamp from the set just to change it up a bit.


The technique is the same as the one we used at the workshop, up to the embossing part, at the workshop we hand traced around the card with a Sakura Metallic Jelly Roll pen, which I found pretty time consuming. Even double embossing the stamp and heat embossing the sentiment, I think this was faster and gave a similar effect, it its still a single layer card without any real dimension so would post nicely.

You don't need to be too careful with your colouring as you cover up the edges with the embossing at the end, the same applies if you are going over the stamp with a pen.

Don't forget to use an anti-static bag before stamping with embossing ink -I forgot completely, both times, and had quite a lot of excess powder lurking when I had finished...

I have another video coming up using the same set up, but painting with watercolours, rather than using alcohol markers, it is still in edit though!

Lesley x

Supplies

Altenew Needlework Motif stamp set (July 2018 release)

Altenew dye ink in Dew Drops
Tsukinkeko Versamark

Artist Markers Cool Summer Night set (Desert Night, Dusk, Ocean Waves, Sea Glass)

WOW embossing powder in Metallic Gold Rich

Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card 300 GSM

MISTI Stamping tool - you will need a stamp positioning tool (any will work) for this technique unless you are really good at lining up your stamp and over-stamping it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!