VE Day Pennant with Creative Stamping Issue 84 'Best of British'

Hi,

So in honour of VE Day I thought I would create a quick banner pennant to hang up. Most of the celebrations will be 'stay at home' style rather than the huge garden and street parties that had been at the planning stages before lockdown.
I managed to get rain on it when I brought it inside! I was waiting for better light for a photo, so excuse the raindrop at the top!

I have a subscription to Creative Stamping magazine, and they came up trumps with their 'Best of British' stamps that are in their current magazine.

All the supplies I used.
If videos are your thing, heres a link 'VE Day Pennant' to the whole creative process on my youtube channel.
If words are your thing, here's what I did:

I started with some white stamping card and cut a pennant shape with an old Xcut scalloped triangle pennant die - you could easily cut your own pennant shape out if you don't have a die in this shape.
I used the stencil to ink the union flag onto the pennant using Barn Door and Chipped Sapphire distress oxide ink. I should have masked the tip of the pennant as I got a little red tip that I didn't really want, but I went with it anyway!
I stamped the medal image onto white stamping card using black Versafine ink (I debated using blue, but went with black) and coloured it using Stationery Island Brush Pens. These are watercolour brush pens, and I started blending with a water brush, but I actually found they were blending better just using them with each other on this image.
I fussy cut the medals out, using a craft knife on the land-locked areas.
I stamped the VE DAY stamp directly onto the pennant with Versafine Majestic Blue ink.
Next I added holes to the pennant with my Cropodile Big Bite and finished off with some red and white twine and union flag ribbon bows from my stash. I think the ribbon bows were from a docrafts range called Portobello Road,  but I really am testing my memory on that one as it is some years since that range came out!😍

Before it got wet, but not the best lighting!
I hope you are staying safe and well in these weird times and will visit again soon,

Lesley



Supplies

Creative Stamping Magazine issue 84 stamps and mask 'Best of British'
Sheena by Sheena Douglas White Stamping Card A4 3OOgsm
Xcut scalloped pennant nesting dies
Ranger Distress Oxide inks in Barn Door and Chipped Sapphire
Versfine ink in Onyx Black and Majestic Blue
Stationery Island Brush Pens (I got these on Amazon)
Red and white twine (The Works)
Docrafts Papermania 'Portobello Road' ribbon bows (I think this set was released in 2012 for the Olympics and Jubilee year!)
Crafters Companion die-cutting machine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!