Update on where I have been, and my 'rebranding'.

Hi!

I have been a bit quiet for a while for lots of reasons. Last May, we got a new rescue dog, so I spent time getting her trained and friendly with our existing dog. I spent most of last summer getting my two girls ready to change schools, not usually such a huge task, but my eldest was off to a boarding school for the first time, and the amount of kit you need to label is staggering, especially for a 13 year old who is quite image conscious! I was also really active on PTAs at my girls old schools, so I had to transition a lot of these things to new people as my girls have both left their old schools. I then spent the latter half of last year converting the garage to my new craft room, and then making my old craft room back into a proper guest room for my parents to use when they come to visit - they are getting a bit old for a sofa bed! Of course we all know what has been happening in the early part of 2020 with a worldwide pandemic. I am pretty lucky that my kids are old enough to get on with their own home schooling as set by their schools with little intervention, and my husband can work from home, but it can still get a bit much having everyone home 24/7 when you are used to having the house to yourself most days.

I have decided I am going to give the blogging and videoing another go, and trying to pull all my crafty social media threads together properly.

This means that I am in the process of dragging a youtube channel, my instagram, my Pinterest, this blog, a webpage and a facebook page that I share with my mother-in-law for when we do craft fairs, all into a coherent group of things that look like they are made by the same person!

After brainstorming with the family, I decided to stick with Handmade In Windsor as ultimately that is what I create things for and sell at local craft fairs, but to separate me and the creative process from that a little by adding Lab to, so Handmade in Windsor Lab will be used for all my blogs and how to videos.

There's a bit of an inside joke going on with this as my initials before getting married were LAB, so I have always used LAB as a label, even my husband still uses 'lab' to denote things that are mine. It's also a little nod to the fact that I have a science background (my BSc is in Physics and my MSc in Science Communication, so it was always handy that my initials were LAB!)

Please bare with me as this might take a little while to sort out, some videos might still have Lesley's Papercraft titles on until I get my labels all sorted out! My now 14 year is tasked with designing a new logo based around the letters HmiW LaB, so we will see what she comes up with!

In the meantime, please check out my new video for a VE Day banner using on my youtube channel and I will do a blogpost of it with supplies shortly!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!