Summer theme birthday card (guy appropriate)!

Hi,

Today I am sharing the birthday card I have created for my husband next week. Like many, I struggle with 'man' cards, and as my other half isn't into football, fishing or cars, options are often limited! I have done cricket to death over the years, so this year I have gone for a summer/ beach theme, and I will add a little ironic message to it, as like everyone else, we probably won't be going anywhere hot and sunny this year (maybe next year?)


I bought a box of craft supplies on Facebook market place, and it was full of MDF shapes, including the large beach hut. This went well with the papers in the First Edition 'Sail Away' 6"x6" paper pad, so I painted it to match with some docrafts Artiste acrylic paints.

I picked three of the papers from the pad, and trimmed three panels to layer onto my 5"x7" kraft card blank. I used a scrap of a fourth paper to cut out the small tag using a Spellbinders Sapphire tag die. I inked around the outside of the three panels and tag with fossilized amber distress oxide ink, this helps to tie everything together. The sentiment was from a Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel set of stamps - the Happy Birthday fits perfectly on the panel for the small tag die, so I simply stamped this with Versafine black onyx ink on some white card.

I finished the card with a bit of twine and some yellow pegs from my stash.


Altogether a successful 'guy' card, but it could equally go to a woman, not a flower, butterfly or glitter in sight!

Thanks for stopping by today, stay safe,

Lesley x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!