Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Hi,

So in my continuing mission to use up things sitting in my crafty stash, I have been trying to use up all of my 3D decoupage. Anyone who has tried this, knows that the most time consuming part is assembling all the pieces, especially if, like me, you obsessively snip any little pips off from where it was attached to the carrier sheet and then shape each piece before ticking it all together!

So, I have been sitting with a little tray in the evenings when watching TV with the family, popping out the decoupage and assembling it. Then, I can have a big session making up the cards during the day when the kids are at school!

I was a bit lacking in mojo this week, so there's nothing very complicated going on here, so here's just a few pictures and quick tips :)


Here's all the decoupage I started with, made up the night before in front of the TV!
 First I lay everything out with all the extra bits that match the various colourways, including tags and sentiment strips. Then, I go through my stamps to find appropriate sentiments that fit the tags and strips. These often have to be tiny, and sentiments often aren't! So my go-to set at the moment is one from Craftwork Cards in their 'Stamp It Set 1' set of stamps. This has a set of tiny words that you can arrange in different orders to make your sentiment, so you can vary the size of your sentiment to fit your strip or tag to match your card.

The easiest way to do this is using a stamping tool, I was using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform from Tonic, but this works in any stamping tool.
Lining up the stamps in the stamping platform
I align one of my sentiment strips to a corner, then as my stamps might not be clean, I put a scrap piece of acetate over my strip and align the stamps onto it before closing the door to pick them up ready for stamping. As you can see, I had used and not cleaned some of the stamps but not the word 'fabulous', it was still nice and clean, and you can also see how tiny the words are in this set!

Perfectly stamped!
The other advantage to using a stamp press is that if you miss a bit, you can re-stamp in exactly the same place, which is a huge advantage when stamping on to a ready-made sentiment strip that you only have one of! I could actually use the same set-up on most of the strips in this set, as they were all more-or-less the same size, and I liked the sentiment anyway, as a lot of these cards will be destined for my daughters' friends (they are nearly 10 and 12 years old, so the Gorjuss girls suit most of their friends!)

Next, all I did was lay everything out with the extra embellishments and stick it all together.
All finished!
The other tiny Happy Birthday stamp is also a Craftwork Cards one from the 'Stamp It II' set of stamps, and the others are from a few different places, I'll list in the supplies at the end.

That's it for today as  have one daughter off school on a Snow Day (her school is up on a hill in the middle of nowhere, so is inaccessible apparently!)

Lesley x

Supplies

Santoro Gorjuss Craft Card Compendium (includes cards, envelopes, 3D decoupage, gems and ribbon.) This set has double the 3D decoupage I have used here, 2 of each image and card.

Craftwork Cards Stamp It Set 1 and Stamp It II clear stamps
Anna Griffin 'Just Because' clear stamp
Tonic Studios 'With Love' stamp (from Tonic Cardmaking Collectionboxd magazine set of clear stamps)
 
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
3D foam pads
Glue
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!