Docrafts Roald Dahl Cards

Hi!

So I have been searching through all of my old stash again this week, rather than using new goodies, and came across some leftover 'docrafts' kits all centred around Roald Dahl books. I have used some of the 3D decoupage sets and bits and pieces a few years ago, but I had lots of bits left, and a tonne of papers and embellishments, so I decided to make a whole load of themed cards! Do skip to the end and read the names of the products in the supplies list as they are all in fabulous Roald Dahl language! :) Here's the first batch I made up with the 3D decoupage I had left.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3D decoupage cards
I got seven cards in total from my leftover 3D decoupage which was all Charlie and the Chocolate Factory themed, and I still had a few bits left for some more cards, quite amazing when it looked like this to start with!
All the 3D decoupage I used on these cards
I tend to lay out the papers and bits I intend to use on each card before I start cutting up, and then I lay everything out again before I stick.
Laying out, deciding what to put with what!

You will spot the leftover book covers and pages in a lot more of the cards coming up as I only used 2 on the Charlie cards.

I had never used a lot of the patterned paper I had, and I realised I had both an A4 pack and an A5 pack, plus a pack of notelets, 2 sets of die-cut sentiments, bows and trims. While I had no more decoupage, many of the paper sheets are illustrations from the Roald Dahl books, with artwork by Quentin Blake, which is lovely for kids (and adults) of all ages. You can see one of the A5 'Charlie' papers above that I only used a sixth of on a card, so I thought I would see how many cards I could get out of the images from a few sheets of paper, which is I am sure why I bought the paper in the first place!
More Charlie cards from 1 sheet of A5 paper as toppers.
Using the rest of the A5 sheet images as toppers, I got another five 'Charlie' cards with the addition of a few ribbons, paper strips, a few sentiments and the last bits of 3D decoupage.

Having had my fill of 'Charlie', I decided to chop up a piece of paper from the A4 paper pack which featured The BFG, The Enormous Crocodile and Fantastic Mr Fox.

A4 sheet about to get chopped up!
I cut this paper into 24 individual toppers (there's 2 sheets in the paper pack, so I still have another set intact!) There was also a sheet of paper featuring tiny book covers and pages, so I cut it up as well as extra embellishments to add to the die-cut sentiment pack I already had. Again I started to lay out my cards all in book themes.
Fantastic Mr Fox layouts

The BFG card layouts
I got seven Fantastic Mr Fox cards, and eight The BFG cards, as the mini notelets had lovely BFG images on giving me an extra card even though I used 3 toppers on one card.

I haven't started on The Enormous Crocodile yet, but I am sure I will get between 6 and 8 cards from them as well.

I still have enough paper and embellishments to make the same non-3D decoupage cards again (with some minor variations as I am out of mini notelets in some styles), so I can see a lot more Roald Dahl in my card making future, but for now, here's a close up of all the cards I made so far...

















































Hope you liked this selection of Roald Dahl cards, it was a bit of a departure for me using up items all from one range, but it has been quite a cathartic process!

Lesley x

PS There's a bonus photo if you scroll to the end...

docrafts Products

Grobswitchy Decoupage Pack
Phizz-whizzing Patterned Papers (A4 and A5 size)
Wondercrump Mini Notelets
Bunk-doodling Ribbon Bows
Tip-toppling Die-Cut Sentiments
Lilac, lavender and latte A6 card blanks

Other items

White 5x5 card blanks and 5x7 card blanks from Hunkydory
Foam tape and pads from The Works
Adhesive runner from Create and Craft
Design Gems from a £1 shop

Bonus Photo
These are the little plastic gems you can see dotted about the cards
The colours were perfect to go with the tones in this set, and they are little facetted plastic domes (in strips that I cut up into individual gems.) I didn't want anything too 'blingy' or 'girly' as I thought these would be perfect unisex cards, so these fit the bill nicely. I always check the £1 shops for unusual embellishments, and I loved these ones when I bought them a few months ago, and so glad I found the perfect use for them! I have hardly made a dent in them, so definitely value for money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!