Mermaid Cards, Cake Toppers and Badge

Hi!

As promised, I did finally get around to using all of the unicorns and mermaids I made during my Scan N Cut tests! Well, not quite all, I still have a few left in a bag ready to colour, and one or two coloured ones as well, but I have used a lot of them!

My youngest daughter adored the mermaids, so one of the cards was personalised with her name and age for her 10th birthday yesterday! Here's some of the cards, I made nine in total, three of each design, with differing hair colours etc. for the mermaids:
Both using a window


Using a panel from the window leftover.

For the first two cards I used layering dies with a dotted edge. I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than my card blank, then used the next to largest die to first cut the window, then I used the largest die with an embossing mat in my die-cutting machine to give me an embossed frame around the window. The cut out panel was then used on the third card (and some others you can see in the Unicorn cards on the next blog post!)

The extra seahorse and shell die cuts were from the magazine freebies that came with 'love Card making' Issue 4. The circles/ bubble shaped die cut is also a generic die I got from amazon. All of the extra die cuts were cut out of scraps of white cardstock from my bits box, and then coloured with alcohol markers to match the scenes I was making. Two of the sentiments were on the MFT Mermaid stamp set, and the 'Always be Yourself...' stamp was from Creative Stamping magazine's 'The Sea View Collection' cover stamps.

The ombre card in the windows is from Craftwork Cards from their Marble and Ombre card pack.  I added a few sequins and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen over my coloured images to add a little bit of sparkle in places! You can't really see the shimmer on the photos, but the clear brush pen does give a lovely effect in real life.

Having gone on a hunt for a nice 10th birthday badge, and failing, I decided to make one to match my daughter's card!

10th Birthday Badge
This was a really quick make with a few circle dies from card scraps and some die cut numbers, with a safety pin taped to the back.

Birthday Cake Toppers!

Finally I used a set of mermaids for birthday cake toppers for my daughter's 10th Birthday yesterday! My sugar craft skills just about stretched to some stones, seaweed and coral, but no further, so when asked for a chocolate mermaid cake, this was my take on it! Don't worry, there was a big gap between the 10 candles at the back and the card toppers!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my mermaid makes!

Lesley x

Supplies:

Stamps
My Favourite Things Mermaid 
Creative Stamping Magazine 'The Sea View Collection'

Dies
Generic dotted edge rectangle layering dies (from Amazon)
Generic circle/ bubble die (from Amazon)
love Card Making Issue 4 free gift seahorse and shell die
Stampin' Up stitched circles die by Sizzix
Spellbinders Dotted Scallop circle die

White card blanks (5x5 and 5x7)
Craftwork Cards Essence Cardstock Marble & Ombre card pack
Sheena, by Sheena Douglas 300gsm White Stamping Card
Letraset Promarkers
Trimcraft First Edition Graphic Markers
Gansai Tambi water colour paints
Versafine onyx black ink
VersaMark watermark stamp pad
Memento tuxedo black ink pad
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen (clear)
Sequins (from my stash!)

Tools
My Sweet Petunia MISTI stamping tool
Brother Scan N Cut CM600
Derwent Water Brush
Sizzix Bigshot die cutting machine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!