Craftwork Cards Wreaths and Bonus Frames

Hi!

Did you make any new year's resolutions? I make the same one every year - use up the craft products I have before buying any more... so here I am trying to stick to it this year!

I decided to use up a lovely Craftwork Cards wreath set that I have had for years. What you see today is only a third of the kit which I bought I have to admit, several years ago (2012 to be precise!) I have used one third that was in red and green - Christmas colours - I sold all those wreaths at a school craft fair. I had made one wreath from the colour way I used today, and it has been used in my house in different guises, around a candle as home décor, and hung on a wall. So all I did today was copy the one wreath I had made years ago!

These are what I ended up with today

Craftwork Cards kits are great. Their flowers are already cut out, ready for you to pop out of a sheet and craft with. I popped all my flowers out and inked them all a little with some pale pink ink. Then came the fun part of shaping all the flowers.

Here is the twisted flower in progress

I started by twisting some of the petals on the flowers with skinny petals. I made sure I had inked the back of these petals as I knew it was going to show and I wasn't sure about the bright white card showing when I had inked the front of all the flowers.

Next I made the spiral roses simply by folding and twisting them around. Then I scored the long strip that came in the kit every 0.5cm and folded it up in a zigzag.

You can see the old wreath I was copying and my score board which makes scoring anything much easier!

I used a firm foam mat and large embossing tool to shape all my other flowers

All the tiny flowers from the kit

I worked out where each layer was going to sit as I had three full sets of flowers, and two wreath bases left, so I knew I would have a flower set left over.



The folded zigzag strips get glued together to make a ring, and once that glue has dried I make a little puddle of hot glue on my glass mat (an old tile or non-stick baking sheet works for this as well), then I quickly push the ring in and onto the glue.


I hope you get the idea of how to make this flower layer!

You end up with something that looks like this on the back and is great for adding dimension.


Now I sorted my flowers into their layers and stuck them all together.
As you can see I had three set of flowers

The wreath kit came with ribbons and 3 cardboard wreaths with holes in, but you could easily make your own circular wreaths from a cereal packet and hole punch some holes if you wanted to recreate this idea. The ribbon also came in the kit, so it just needed cutting to size and tying through the holes on the wreath.



Last step was to simply glue all the flowers to the wreaths.

But I had a set of flowers left over!

I decided to make a few picture frames. Believe it or not, these lovely little frames came from a pound shop! I took the glass out, but the paper in the back, which matches the stripes on the flowers, is actually the paper that came in the frames!



So from one third of a wreath kit, I got 3 wreaths, two little frames and believe it or not I have one large and two tiny flowers left over that I will make a mini card out of with the addition of a few die-cut leaves.

I actually went back and put a small pearl in the centre of every flower after I took the photos above, so here they are again, complete with the pearls.


I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got up to today :)

Lesley x

Supplies:

Craftwork Cards Wreath Kit (pink colourway from 2012)
Small frames (pound shop!)
Pearl embellishments (pound shop!)

Ranger Distress Ink in:
Spun Sugar

Tools

Hot Glue gun
Firm foam mat
Glass mat
Tonic large embossing tool
Strong tacky PVA glue (I used Collall Tacky-glue today as it is pretty quick drying and strong enough to hold the dimensional flowers)

Bonus Picture 

Here's what the flowers look like in their sheets before you pop them out.

This is the monochrome colourway that I need to use up next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!