Unicorn Shaker Card


For my first ever post, I thought I would share a photo, of what is probably, the favourite card I have ever made that was my own design, rather than me borrowing ideas from all the other talented makers out there!

The beautiful Unicorn stamp  and sentiment were part of The Enchanted Collection free stamps that came with Creative Stamping Magazine.

The cloud dies are from an X-Cut set called Around the World, but I am sure there are cloud dies in many other sets that would work equally well.

I used a mixture of white cards, some textured and some not, from my stash. and scraps of vellum for the clouds.

I stamped the unicorns, and as I hate cutting out, I used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut them out. It can take a little but of playing to get it to do this nicely I find, but it is worth it for a sheet of intricate stamps! Then I coloured all my unicorns with a rainbow of alcohol markers, adding a little pale grey for the shadows on the outlines. I simply used the stamp lines to help with the shadowing - I am no artist!

I used a mixture of white glitter and sequins in the shaker part of the card. I found it easier to stick a scrap of matching card over my shaker part, and then mat the whole thing onto the base mat, rather than attempting to get it straight over the mat with glitter and sequins flying everywhere!

The whole lot was matted onto a 6x6 inch scalloped card.

Hope you like it, I know my pin has been pinned a lot on Pinterest, so please feel free to pin and borrow my idea!

Lesley





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!