Die Cut Word Window Cards

Hi! My second blog post, and I thought I would attempt a post of what I made yesterday, rather than something I made a while ago. I tried to remember to take photos as I went along, so you can get an idea of what went into these cards. I was inspired by a card on the amazingly talented Jennifer McGuire's blog which is the end of this link: Jennifer McGuire's Die-cut layering card Blog

My version is a little different, but I am sure you will see where it came from if you check out the link.

So here's the finished cards, so you can see where I was heading...



Sorry for my terrible photography, it's certainly not my strongest point!



I actually made four cards, two birthday and two hugs that has slightly different sentiments.

So the first thing I did was create a bunch of flowers. I made these with the Altenew Painted flowers stamp and die set, but this card type of card would work with many different stamps or even ready cut out flowers.

Outlines and first layer done here

For anyone not familiar with Altenew stamps they make a lot of 'layering' stamps. These particular stamps have 3 layers, an outline, and 2 colour layers. I die cut my flowers first and then stamped on to them with Altenew inks in Warm Sunshine and Caramel Toffee for the yellow flowers and Rouge with Velvet for the pink flowers. The outlines were in Jet Black and the leaves in Bamboo and Olive.


Here you can see all the finished flowers and leaves

Next up I cut a panel of white card that was just slightly smaller than my card blank. I lined up my letter dies in the centre of my panel using a ruler to get them straight. I then taped them all together with masking tape and ran the card panel through my die-cutting machine.

I forgot to take a photo on the blank panel, but here's the taped together letter dies!

I started to play with the layout now, working out what sentiment stamps I would use and what flowers, before I started to stick anything down! I used stamps from various sets that I will list at the end in case you are interested!

Trial layout with sentiment stamps

I stamped my sentiments in black Versafine ink (this is the best for clear details!), then I put foam double-sided tape on the outside edges of my panel. I stuck my flowers to my base card so they could peek out under my die-cut word and with a few leaves over-lapping the edges of the letters.

Finally I stuck the panel down and added a few sequins:


I ended up with four beautiful cards had some leftover flowers and the positive letters from my die-cuts ready for another project!

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of my creative process!

Lesley x

Supplies:

Dies
Altenew Painted Flowers Die
XCut Bold Letter dies, but any letter of larger word dies could be used for the same method.

Stamps
Altenew Painted Flowers
docrafts Birthday Verses (birthday)
Creative Stamping magazine 'free' stamps 'Handmade With Love' (just for you)
Creative Stamping magazine 'free' stamps 'Colours of the Season' (just because)
Creative Stamping magazine 'free' stamps 'Whatever the Weather' (on your, wishing you)
The small stamps were words cut from larger sentiments. This doesn't damage the stamps, you can always stamp them together again if you want to use the full sentiment.

Card blanks, white card, random sequins, glue and Altenew Inks.

Tools
Sizzix Bigshot die-cutting machine



Bonus Photo! What is commonly known as a 'craftermath'! My messy desk after I finished!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window Pop Up Cards

Gorjuss Girl 3D Decoupage

Stamps By Me different Colouring Techniques and 8 cards!